The first week of October is National Walk Your Dog Week, and for good reason! Here is a list found on PetMD of some the benefits of walking your special friend:
- Like humans, pets will be healthier with exercise. It keeps them agile and limber.
- Weight control! Pets can also over indulge in yummy food and it's necessary to walk that off.
- Walking is very good for your dog's digestive system. It can also aid in relieving constipation.
- It curbs that bad behavior. Dogs often chew on furniture, bark, dig, and scratch out of boredom. Exercise will keep that behavior under better control.
- Going along with number the last item, walks will work out your dog's extra energy. This leads to less excitability, better sleep, and easier relaxation.
- Have a whiny pet? This is often a sign your dog is seeking more attention. Going for a walk will give you time together as well as work out that whine energy.
- Walking your pet also reinforces that bond. They will have more trust for you and a stronger attachment.
Of course, walking your dog is also good for you. So, put on your walking shoes and get Fido moving! For a look at the whole list, check here .
The Original and Real Pit BullThe pit bull has to be one of the most, if not the most, controversial dog breeds there are. Putting aside feelings and politics, let's look at the history of this misunderstood animal.
Working Like a Dog – Service Dogs
This Labor Day we wanted to focus the spotlight on service dogs, as well as to offer a better understanding of the law and how we as a community can protect the rights of these dogs and their handlers. Service dogs not only provide companionship to those who have disabilities, they also give them a better quality of life, allowing more independence and control over their own lives. These highly-trained dogs start their training in puppy hood. They then work tirelessly everyday to make sure that their person is safe, taken care of, and is provided with immediate attention in...
The Science of Sound WavesCustomers understandably get concerned as to the effect our devices have on their dog. Will it hurt them? The answer is a big “no”. Read on to learn about sound waves and why this is the case.
Save Money With Solar PowerCurious how much you'll save with the new solar panel? We've compiled a breakdown on how much batteries might cost you in 1 year compared to a one-time purchase of the Solar Panel.
Robotic Dogs: the Future of Companion RobotsThis may seem pretty far fetched – to even think we could have feelings or a sense of companionship with a mechanical dog or cat. However, it's already been seen that many of us experience empathy for these robots.